We understand the challenges many of our customers are facing in the current situation our country finds itself in. To assist you at this time of uncertainty we have added the ability to suspend your policy rather than outright cancellation. The suspension of your policy will protect your No Claims Discount and will mean you can get back on the road with minimum effort, when you are ready to do so.
Suspend Your Policy
- If your payments are up to date you can place your policy on hold for a maximum of three months.
- You can reactivate your policy when you want to use your vehicle again.
- You will not lose the No Claims Discount you are currently earning if you reactivate your policy.
- You must contact the DVLA and SORN your vehicle, as no cover will be in place and you are unable to drive your vehicle on the road. Under s143 of the Road Traffic Act it is an offence to use (or permit to be used) a motor vehicle on a road or other public place when there is not in force cover in relation to the use of the vehicles such a policy of insurance in respect of third party risks as complies with the Road Traffic Act.
- If you are found guilty of an offence under this section, then you will face a penalty of between six to eight penalty points and a fine of up to £5000.
- You must also contact you bank to make sure your direct debit is cancelled.
Please fill in and submit the form below:
Thank you for your patience in this matter.