Private Car and Van Payment Options
Options Available to Control Your Insurance Costs
We understand that, during this difficult time, you may be encountering difficulties making your payment in full. To help support you during this challenging time, we have developed an instalments plan to help you bring your payments up to date. The instalment plan breaks your outstanding amount into 3 equal weekly payments with 7 day intervals between each payment. All you need to take this option is go to our payment page and make your first payment; the following instalments will be collected automatically.
Example of how the instalment plan works
Amount Owed: £150
3 Weekly Payments of: £50
Breakdown of Instalments:
1st Payment Due Today: £50 (Paid via online payment portal)
2nd Payment Due in 7 Days: £50 (Automatically Collected)
3rd Payment Due in 14 Days: £50 (Automatically Collected)
As long as you are making your instalment payments on time, your insurance policy will stay in force and will not be cancelled. Any associated charges due to missed payments are included within the amount owed.
I have sold my car, what are my options?
Cancelling Your Policy
- You can cancel your policy at any time you choose.
- You will have to pay our standard cancellation fees (please review your own terms of business for full details acorninsure.co.uk/docs/Terms-Of-Business.pdf)
- You will forfeit any No Claims Discount you have earned during the period you have been insured.
- You must find another provider for you vehicle insurance or SORN your vehicle with the DVLA. Under s143 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 it is an offence to use (or permit to be used) a motor vehicle on a road or other public place when there is not in force cover in relation to the use of the vehicles such a policy of insurance in respect of third party risks as complies with the Road Traffic Act.
- If you are found guilty of an offence under this section, then you will face a penalty of between six to eight penalty points and a fine of up to £5000.