Accidents happen. Do you know the 5 steps to take in a car accident?
With over 40 years of experience looking after drivers like you, Acorn Insurance will be by your side in the event of an accident to help you through what can be a difficult time. That is why we put together this guide- so you can be prepared, just in case the worst happens.
A June 2022 report detailed a total of 137,013 reported car accident casualties of all severities in Great Britain. These numbers highlight the importance of being prepared to deal with an accident and taking necessary precautions to prevent them. In addition to the potential for physical harm, being involved in an accident can also take a toll on a person’s mental health and wellbeing. There are many organisations who can help you if you are struggling after a car accident, for example: Brake and RoadPeace. You do not have to struggle alone, and there is always assistance available.
We hope this guide provides you with the tools you need to handle an accident effectively.
If you find yourself in a car accident in the UK, it’s crucial to take immediate action by following these five essential steps once it is safe to do so:
1. Get into a safe position before you start exchanging details, i.e., away from the risk of other traffic. If another vehicle was involved, exchange registration numbers & make/model of vehicles involved. Exchange name & address details with everyone involved. If there are any witnesses, take down their contact details, including their mobile number and address.
2. Never admit liability at the scene of an accident.
3. Call the emergency services if necessary.
4. Take pictures of any vehicle damage, the registration number of both vehicles, and any passengers involved. Also, try to take pictures of the accident scene. Remember, only do this if it is safe to do so and you are not endangering yourself or anyone else in the process.
5. Contact your insurance provider immediately. All car accidents should be reported, even if no claim is being made for damages. Some insurance policies may be subject to a late-reporting excess.
By following these steps, you can take control of the situation and ensure that your insurance claim is processed smoothly.
Acorn has you covered
At Acorn Insurance, we strive to provide top-notch service to all our customers, particularly when it comes to claims. We understand that making a claim can be a stressful and challenging experience, so we make every effort to ensure the process is as smooth and efficient as possible. Our partners offer a range of services to help you in the event of a car accident, including vehicle repair, roadside assistance, replacement vehicles, and legal advice on any personal injuries you or your passengers may have sustained.
Looking for a new insurance provider? Get a quote online today!
With over 40 years of experience in the insurance industry, we consider all applications, regardless of driving background or history. We offer hassle-free, no-obligation quotations to ensure that each driver has the right level of cover for their needs.
This article includes links to third party websites and apps which we include solely for information purposes, there is no implied endorsement by use of these resources. Clicking on links, visiting third party websites, or downloading apps may allow third parties to collect or share data about you which is out of our control. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit. We are not responsible for the availability, content, accuracy, completeness, or security of such resources. We will not be liable for direct or indirect damages arising out of or in connection with the use of websites or apps.