Acorn Insurance have been serving the Public Hire and Private Hire taxi industry for over 25 years.
In this time we have built up a great deal of knowledge within the taxi industry which has enabled us to provide you with competitive Public and Private Hire Taxi insurance quotations with a wide range of cover types to suit your individual needs.
- Comprehensive, Third Party Fire & Theft or Third Party Only Cover
- Windscreen and glass cover (comprehensive only)
- Short term taxi insurance
- Competitive rates and discounts
- Public Liability Cover
- Roadside recovery (optional)
- Specialists in drivers with motoring / criminal convictions
Types of Hire and Reward Insurance
The UK has only two different types of Taxi policy, both of which can be applied to a fleet if you are running or plan on running a taxi fleet:
- Public hire taxi insurance - this cover allows you to pick up customers on the street immediately without any pre-booking. As a black cab driver follow, both you and your vehicle represent one of the UK's most iconic figures; the hackney carriage - known the world over, not only for their bold design but also their charismatic drivers... Be a smart driver too and speak to us about your public hire taxi insurance. We cover all cities in the UK, unlike many other insurers who cherry pick the major cities. We are as happy insuring a public hire taxi driver in London as we are in Preston or Chester.
- Private hire taxi insurance - this allows customers to be picked up when booked, typically through your taxi operator. This insurance is often referred to as mini cab insurance which does not allow you to simply pick up people from the street. We have a huge number of London minicab drivers who have purchased insurance through us on this basis. In most cases, peoples private hire taxis are central to their lives. Without it, many would not have a source of income and so it is imperative that you cover your vehicle with the correct private hire taxi insurance policy. Having the right cover in place means that should your private hire taxi get damaged or stolen, you will not lose out on this important source of income.
- Temporary taxi insurance - for those of you that wish to fit in your taxiing around other commitments going on in your life.
- Fleet taxi insurance - for your taxi company with 3 or more cars.
- Minibus insurance - ideal for carrying more than your standard fares worth of passengers.
- Public liability cover - this bolt on gives you the extra protection you need, especially for drivers doing work for the local council.
Both of the above types are available for drivers looking for comprehensive, third party fire and theft and third party only taxi insurance cover. This is also true for fleet insurance.
What geographical areas do Acorn quote for?
We have insured many taxis in Liverpool (obviously, as it's our hometown), London, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Edinburgh and many more - in fact, we've got policies that will cover pretty much any postcode in the UK. However, at this time we can not provide cover in Ireland. Apologies.
What is the best way to get a Taxi Insurance Quote?
Whether it's short term or long term cab cover you're after, it is always best for us to speak to you if possible - our number is 01704 270 027. We like to get to know how / where / when you're going to use the taxi to get a feel for the type of driver and risk you might be. This is done to try and save you some well earned cash, as well as get the policy that's right for you.
Our sales staff are extremely nice and they can give you a very quick, no obligation taxi insurance quote, without the hassle of having to fill out the forms.
If you prefer to get your quote online, rather than over the telephone, then we understand . You can get access to our fantastic quotes by completing the ''get a quote'' form with your details and we will get back to you with a figure. If there is any further qualification required to enable a quote, we will get in touch.
Taxi Insurance made easy by Acorn.